Wednesday 20 July 2011

Newly completed projects

I finally removed the skinny thin strap off the slingbag and replaced it with the thicker strap I bought recently.
Finally, the slingbag is completed. Haven got the chance to use it yet and has been hanging on the threadmill ever since. Poochi loves the threadmill very much (only when its not moving), as in he enjoys sleeping on the threadmill. I cant make him run on it coz he is very scared of anything that moves.
I also made another hair clip, this time using this yellow sakura print Japanese fabric. 


 This is my latest project. A round bottom zipped pouch with a exterior button pocket. I'm trying to make slightly more complicated stuffs now. Its actually quite hard to sew round edges. Made some mistakes here and there (esp with the pocket flap) but in the end, it actually turned out better than I expected. Anyway, this was just an experiment, I hope to make even better ones next time. I got the exterior fabric of the pouch from fabricworm and its called Suzanne Ultman Metro Cafe Mug. Its very cheap, I got it for about USD $10 for 2 yards. 
 Back view of the pouch.

 The exterior pocket of the pouch was lined with green plaids fabric.

Green plaids was also used for the interior lining. The pouch was padded so it had a soft cushy feel which I like and also offered better protection for my stuffs.


 A package from the States arrived yesterday in the mail. 

The one on the right is from Samantha Walker, Enchanted Garden-Butterfly in pink. The other one is from Timeless Treasure collection-little sewing. I love both of these prints!

No comments:

Post a Comment