Saturday 9 July 2011

LaLine Bath and Beauty products

Yesterday after eating dinner, Hubby told me that the guys wana go chill out and drink and ask whether we want to come along, so we said fine.
As expected, Wee Hong din come along (he dont drink), so it just the five of us altogether and we went in their car. We went to this place called Temple Bar at Cinema city. Its like a pub, dark with loud music. Actually, if its just me and Hubby, we will never go to such places. But its a healthy chill out place, nothing indecent. We went Temple Bar a few times actually and I quite enjoy it :)
I ordered Asahi, a japanese beer for myself. Its quite a nice light texture beer. In the past, I have never drank beer before, its only when I came here that I started drinking it. Hope I dont end up with a pot belly after 1.5 year....
We all had a good time chatting and laughing, talking mostly about Wee Hong coz its amazing how this person never run out of topics for us to talk about. Actually, its a good thing we knew him here otherwise our lives will be quite boring here.
We left the bar around 10+pm and surprisingly most of the shops inside the mall were still opened. Actually, this is the most happening place to come during the Shabbath as everywhere else is closed, so everyone (who is not the religious type) are usually there and its v crowded.
We went to this shop called LaLine coz we wanted to get the aroma diffuser that the guys bought (and it smell v nice). Its the first time I stepped inside a LaLine shop, I have heard about it but never bought anything from it. Its a Israeli line of bath and beauty products and they also have branches in US. I felt like I had stepped into wonderland, and got totally distracted by the wide range of products they have, like the vanilla whipped cream foam bath, chocolate bar of soap, strawberry and milk bath scrub...etc. While Hubby went to look at the aroma diffuser, I was busy looking and trying out the different products.
In the end, I got myself the cherry blossom whipped cream foam bath (on the right), the strawberry and milk bath scrub (on the left), the ocean breeze aroma diffuser (blue box) and a packet of nice smelling make up remover. The bath scrub had a nice strawberry smell that is not too strong and the scrubs are actually particles of salt from the DeadSea. Its a very powerful scrub coz the salts are quite coarse and dont dissolve away. In fact, I dont even have to use much strength to scrub otherwise my skin will turn red. Think I scrubbed away quite a lot of dead skin today. The downside of this scrub is that it leaves a oily feeling on the skin after washing away, which I dont really like. After using the scrub, I rinsed all away and use the whipped cream foam to bath. I love this product as its exactly like using a bottle of whipped cream. I shake the bottle and then turned it upside down and squeeze the nozzle and it came out JUST LIKE whipped cream! So fun! I feel so tempted to eat it, haha...My skin definitely feel a lot smoother and softer after bathing today :) Poochi keep smelling me after that, silly dog coz it reminds him of his fave fruit-strawberry.

For dinner today, I made char siew rice and instant soup. The char siew had been marinated for 2 days already and it tasted real nice.
 After marinating it, I baked the pork in the oven for about 20 mins and then grilled it to make it crispy.

 With chicken rice and some char siew sauce on top, voila! We have char siew rice! Another delicacy that cannot be found anywhere here in this country.

I made two etsy purchases today, one from a US seller and one from China. I told Hubby that this will be the last of my etsy purchase coz I think I have bought quite enough fabrics already. Now, I am waiting for a total of 6 fabric shipments to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment