Sunday 10 July 2011

'matana' for my Hebrew Teacher

'Matana' in Hebrew means present. I made a zipped pouch for my Hebrew teacher recently. I decided to use back the sushi print as it looks the most asian looking and also I know the people here likes sushi (its like a new trend here).
I add a felted fish charm to the zip so its easily to open and close. I used the grey stripes fabric for the interior lining of the pouch. Besides that, everything is the same as the first zipped pouch I made.

Woke up this morning by the doorbell ringing. I flew out of bed coz I know it must be the postman guy. However, when I pressed the button to release the door downstairs to open, that fella still continue to press the bell and dont come in even when the door is opened. Through the intercom video, I can see its 2 teenager guys in casual clothes this time and one of them is holding a package.Then they left, leaving a note in the mailbox. I feel so frustrated! Why cant they just leave it in the mailbox! SO TROUBLESOME!
I got a feeling this package is the felt fabric I ordered from a Taiwanese seller. Sighz........ 

Thank god, this time round, its not the same kind of ticket I got the last time where I need to call up the fella to arrange a date and time for re-delivery. I spent 2 days calling the number for at least 30 times and I still cant get through. And when it did get through, the fella on the other line had a cant be bothered attitude and hardly speak English (asking for the package number which wasnt even written down in the ticket I was given) saying he will help me to check and call back later, which he never did. Terrible! I checked on the Israeli Post website and now I know there are 2 ways of getting your package here in this country. One is the domestic postal messenger service which is the usual one where they put it in the mailbox if the item is small or they leave a pink ticket (like the pic below) where you collect from the post office. The other type is called Express Mail Service, the terrible one where you have to call them up if you miss the delivery. And packages sent using UPS are delivered by that Express Mail Service.
Every single word in Hebrew, as usual. Even though I have taken 7-8 lessons of Hebrew class up to now, I have NO idea what it means. At least I know its the felt fabric I ordered from the Taiwanese seller coz of the tracking number written on top.

For dinner today, I simply wasnt in the mood to cook anything and also ran out of idea what to cook, so we just eat instant bee hoon soto, add bit of mushroom, hotdog and veggies and volia~ dinner settled.
Hubby went to the supermarket today( he like to do groceries shopping ), and bought a cheesecake.
 He cant wait to eat the cheesecake, taste quite nice, more like ice cream cake to me.
The box of the cheesecake.

 Finally found my Yan Yan snack substitute here. Taste just like the good old Yan Yan but even better coz there are more chocolate than biscuit. Cost about $5-6 SGD for 2 containers.
I can just eat this for a meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment