Monday 1 August 2011

Western homecooked food

Yeah~ its August now! Time does flies when you don't think much about it. :)
Have finally started planning for my US trip in Oct. Been slacking alot recently...but at least managed to settle the hotel for the first 3 days. Will be staying at Hampton Inn & Suites at Orlando.  Had never stay at Hampton before but heard the reviews are good and at only $60 USD/nite, think its a good deal. Will be trying my luck again at Priceline tomorrow for the other hotels, hope I can get a good deal.

Been craving for some western style food recently, so decide to cook up some myself.
 Dinner yesterday was fried halibut coated with seasoned breadcrumbs topped with tartar sauce, some onion rings and coleslaws. I marinated the halibut with lemon, garlic, butter, red wine vinegar, paprika powder, salt and pepper overnight, so it no longer have the fishy smell and taste quite flavorful but the meat is bit too tough for my liking. Maybe halibut is not suitable as fish and chips??

 My high-tea today was scone and green tea. Baked some scones yesterday night. Its my fave cranberries and almond scones. I love to eat scones! Actually, these scones are quite easy to make and it taste just the same as the ones I bought at Four Leaves or BreadTalk in SG.

Dinner today was mushroom and bacon risotto with parmesan cheese. Its actually a premix pack I bought from my last US trip but it taste really nice as it is creamy and al dente (if you followed the instructions carefully). I added the mushrooms, bacons and cheese myself to make it taste better. Think I have to stock up more on my next trip...

No comments:

Post a Comment