Tuesday 16 August 2011

Japanese homecooked food

 My first attempt at cooking omurice. Its Japanese fried rice in ketchup sauce wrapped in an egg. Unfortunately, the omelette keeps breaking so I can't get a nice looking omurice. Think it had something to do with my frying pan coz it had a lot of scratches at the bottom and the egg kept sticking to the bottom and refused to slide off like it should. Sighz....anyway hubby said the ketchup rice is v nice and he enjoyed it very much.

Dinner today was soba noodles in dashi soup with ebi tempura, seaweed, crabsticks, shitake mushroom and the japanese 'golden' egg. The eggs were the type that are always found in ramen. It is my fave kind of egg. The insides of the yolk is runny and the whole egg had a nice soya sauce flavour. (coz its been marinated overnight in soya sauce, sugar and mirin) The best 'golden' egg I ever eaten in SG was the one in Marutama (a Japanese ramen shop in Central)

Sadly, the yoke looked yellow instead of the usual orange colour coz its due to the type of eggs used. It was a nice orangey colour the first time I made these coz the eggs I used had a orange yoke. However, I can't seem to find that kind of egg anywhere now, and the only eggs available are those with a very yellow yoke. Its very hard to find the right kind of ingredients in this country, and I am still looking for my white radish!


Below is my latest sewing project. Its a Poochi applique patchwork pouch, made using my fave Japanese fabrics. Will be bringing this with me to the States in Oct. Think its just nice to put my passports (since I need to bring two)
 The back of the pouch was made using the yellow sakura print fabric and the cookie print fabric, both from Japan. The brown criss-crossed bottom piece was from Timeless Treasures collection, which I bought from a US seller.

Interior of the pouch was made using my fave matcha green sakura print fabric :)


 Poochi happily lazing on hubby's leg. He dont even wana get off and hubby had to peel him off his legs. He loves to cozy up to people and lay at my feet. Realized that I had been underfeeding him all the time (coz I need to give him the new dog food which the vet recommend) and according to feeding amount listed on the package, I am actually feeding him half the recommended amount all along but yet he is still SO fat! Strange~!
His skin condition had improved and had been shedding lesser hairs. Will be bringing him back to the vet for a follow up this weekend, and hopefully the test results can tell me something about his condition.....sighz......  *_*

No comments:

Post a Comment