Thursday 23 June 2011

5 years wedding anniversary

Its a good day for me....firstly, its my 5 years wedding anniversary with my hubby today! We are officially married by law 5 years ago. I met him since year 2000, so basically we have been together for 11 years! Woah.....thats a long long time....
To celebrate, we went to a Japanese restaurant in Tel Aviv called Onami for lunch. Its considered one of the top 5 Japanese restaurants in Israel. He ordered the 100 shekels set lunch while I ordered an assortments of sushi and sashimi. 

 Above were the starter dish, wakame salad and ika tempura (octopus). The ika tempura tasted v nice as the octopus meat was soft and chewy.

 This was the assorted sushi and sashimi. It looked so nice! This is the only place in Israel that I can eat  hotate sashimi and tobiko inari (sweet beancurd with orange egg roe) Just 1 inari cost 22 shekels which is close to about $10 SGD! In Singapore, I can get it in a restaurants for $2 SGD for 2! Anyway, its a special occasion today so its ok. Actually wana ordered the otororo (fatty tuna) sashimi but they dont have it. I loved that they actually put a small real flower stuck on a cucumber as a decoration.


Hubby eating his set meal with the grilled fish and garlic rice. The fish was real good coz hubby (who is a eat fish expert) said its very fresh and the meat was soft and flavorful.

Then we went to find the fabric and craft shop, which is about 30 mins drive away from the restaurant. We manage to find it! Im so happy coz I bought alot of stuffs from the shop to start my fabric craft hobby. Finally got a seam ripper, a new air of tailor scissors, zippers, pins, 2 types of interfacings, chalk marker, threads, a bundle of light blue cottom fabric with white pokka dots and a magazine for sewing projects. Yeah~! I like the fabric coz it reminds me of a Cath Kidston bag print I like.
My stash for today. The website for this shop is www.pissott.co.il
The owner of the shop, Nurit is a very friendly and helpful lady and best of all, she speaks English very well!

Lastly, we went IKEA to check out whether they have restocked the bedroom slippers. Mine is filthy and probably soaked with sweat from my feet and I cant stand wearing it anymore. Luckily we managed to find it hidden away in some obscure corner and I grabbed 3 pairs for myself, 2 pairs for hubby and some for his guy colleagues (they are also looking for them).

So, in all, it had been quite a fulfilling day as I managed to get the stuffs I wanted. Feeling very tired and drowsy now so going to sleep early tonight and wake up early for a trip to visit a cave tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment