Tuesday 15 November 2011

curry puff mania and new projects

Ended up making a lot of curry puffs yesterday. This time round, I used store bought pastry for the puffs. Its SO much easier and taste even better. The ready made pastry was already cut into round shapes and the size was just nice.
With this pastry, the puffs turned out light and crispy, yum~! Think I made about 20+ puffs, can eat till I 'peng' and grow sick of curry puffs (hope not coz I love curry puffs).


My latest creation is this cosmetic bag that I had been making for the past 3 days. Could take even longer if not for my new sewing buddy, the sewing machine. Everything was sewn using the machine except for the pink bias tape. I just can't sew it using the machine coz its so difficult, end up I just hand sew the pink tape all around the edge of the bag.
I made the bag according to the instructions in this Jap magazine called "Cotton Time", which I asked Ah Teck to help me buy when he was in Japan. Its such an AWESOME magazine, and I LOVE everything featured inside and wish I could make them all. Although its in Japanese, there are many pics to illustrate how it was made, so it wasn't much of a problem. The magazine comes with a small piece of fabric for making the bag as shown but its so small and doesn't give any room for errors.


I added a zipper on top
Ta-da~ final product!



No comments:

Post a Comment