Tuesday 8 November 2011

Crafting time!

Had finally recovered fully from my flu and cough. Its terrible being sick, nothing is more important than having good health to me, coz without it, its not possible to enjoy life at all.
Winter came early in Israel this year. Good for me coz I like winter :) We havent activate the heater yet as the temperature is about 21 degree celsius inside the house but outside is about 17 degree. It had been dropping by about 0.1 degrees everyday. Ever since I came back from Denver, think my tolerance to cold has increased. Been wearing a sweater and socks at night now, so now is just waiting to see who can't stand the cold first and on the heater, haha...

Below are some pics of the sewing stash I gotten during this US trip.

 Bought all these fat quarters from Walmart, its less than $1 USD each, so cheap!
 Also ordered from fabrics from an etsy seller living in Orlando to send it to the P.O box. I loved the pac man print and the tiny house prints
 Some other fabrics from Walmart and Jo-Ann stores.
 A bunch of ribbons, lace and trimmings
 The sewing machine I hand carried back. Its a Brother XL 2600i, with 25 types of stitches, can do embroidery and make button holes (haven figured that out yet) Took me a while to finally be able to start using it.
 The first project I did with the sewing machine was this pouch to put my 3DS. Actually, it took me about the same time to sew on the machine compared to sewing it by hand since I was still trying to figure out how to work the machine. It can be very frustrating....
For the interior lining, I used a multi coloured dots fabric.

 I also try sewing vinyl fabrics and this is my first water-proof pouch. Sewn it by hand coz I wasnt very sure how to sew it with the machine and also dun wana re-adjust the configurations again.
Bought the vinyl fabric from an etsy seller in China. It looks exactly like the Lesportsac, Artist in Residence print. Think its called Jeremyville or something. Anyway, I like this print very much.

 Yes! I have finally upgrade from my first generation clamshell DS to the latest Nintendo 3DS at last! The only game I MUST play is Professor Layton, which sadly, only released a new game once a year. So, I am playing my current game as slowly as possible...
 This time round, I din buy anything much from Coach except for this small coin pouch. Think I had enough Coach bags already.

Oh yah, I cant resist getting this plushie from Barnes and Noble. It had been like decades since I stepped into a bookstore. End up I din buy any books but a plushie and his name is Bear in Underwear.
He even had a story. Haha...its so funny :)

No comments:

Post a Comment