Tuesday 21 August 2012

My Miffy stash from Holland

Miffy, the famous white rabbit with the cross "X" as it's mouth also known as Nijntje, was created by Dutch artist Dick Bruna. I had always thought Miffy was a Sanrio character and only realized my mistake a few years back. I just have an unexplainable fondness for this white rabbit since I was young and I still remember vaguely that I used to have this Miffy print bed sheet cover when I was a little girl.

So, when I got the chance to visit Amsterdam, I simply can't resist grabbing some Miffy merchandise.

Here are my Miffy stash from Holland. A plushie, ceramic bowl and a ceramic cup. Just these 3 items cost me over €40. It's so expensive! I bought them at this 100%Holland souvenir shop in Dam Square. I bought the cup and plush toy at €11.50 and €21.50 respectively. Imagine my anguish when I discovered that they were selling at €7 and €19.90 at a toy shop in Airport!! Arghhhh!!! However they do not have the Miffy plates and bowls. So, Miffy fans out there, if you happened to visit Amsterdam, get your cups, plush toys and whatever Miffy stuffs at the airport instead. As for the bowls and plates, get it at the Dam Square store and it's only just €9.

Back view of Miffy collections. Miffy plush is wearing the typical orange colored football tee. On the left is my Holland souvenir Miffy cup and the bowl was decorated with orange colored cherries, apples and strawberries design. I noticed that orange is a very Dutch colour.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment