Sunday 26 August 2012

Day 6 - Eidfjord

The weather at Eidfjord turned out to be excellent. Blue sky, sunny, great for taking pictures and I managed to take a lot of nice pictures that look like something out of a postcard.

There were wild flowers everywhere and it felt like spring more than summer.
Dream house! How I wish I lived there! I love the houses in Norway, they all looked very pretty.
 

Edifjord is a very small town compared to Bergen. Went ashore to walk around after eating breakfast. There aren't anything much except for a hotel, 2-3 souvenir shops, a supermarket and some houses. But the scenery was nice and very relaxing. The whole town was very quiet with sounds of birds chirping.

Goats grazing on top of the souvenir store. They are the 'lawn mowers' for the grass.
Watched a short video in this nature center with some exhibits.
One of the largest dam in Norway behind me.
I saw these white fluffy flowers growing everywhere near the dam. They felt just like cotton balls. I guess if you gathered more of these and stuff it into a pillow casing, you will get a free pillow!
Hubby posing with a troll. Lots of troll statues in Norway.
Me posing with another troll, yup....it's a troll and not Santa's little helper. I can't help but felt like a troll/hobbit in this country sometimes compared to the Norwegian people here who looked like the elves from Lord of the Ring....sighz....
 

Had lunch on the ship. The flavours of the world theme for lunch at Lido was szechuan. Was hoping for Thai actually. We already had Indonesian, Philippines, Vietnamese, Chinese. The Chinese theme was the worse coz every dishes tasted freaking salty like hell. I hate salty Chinese food, seriously....Chinese food is not just MSG!

 

Heard that it was a HA's tradition to hold a desserts party at the end of the cruise. Btw, desserts on this ship were excellent! I ate mostly desserts throughout the entire cruise. The midnight snack for the last day was Dessert Extravaganza! OMG!! I never seen SO much mouth watering desserts displayed in front of me! I wish I can try everything but I can't unless I wanna die of sugar over-rush. I actually got a brain freeze from sugar overdose that night.

All were beautifully displayed desserts, ranging from cheesecakes, tarts, fudge, puffs, swiss rolls, mousse, etc....sadly I dun see my fave matcha desserts.....oh well. Guess elderly angmohs dun really appreciate matcha.

All u can eat, candied apple
A section for sugarless desserts, yummy minus the sin
Btw, about 85% of the passengers on this ship were elderly folks. Seriously, what is HA thinking by hosting this heart attack cum calories and sugar overdrive event at 11pm somemore?! I dunoe whether anyone die the next day.

The following day was a whole day at sea before arriving in Amsterdam.

Norway in a nutshell - definitely a place for nature lovers. Very scenic and tranquil environment, plus some celtic/Enya's music, and you will be in dreamland instantly. It's also very clean and orderly. Beautiful country, delicious food, beautiful blond people. A good place to relax, fall asleep (for me), and recharge. Cons: too freaking expensive!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment