Sunday 1 January 2012

Shalom 2012~

Goodbye to 2011, which had been a year marked with many dramatic events, like the Japan triple disaster, the closing of my beloved Borders all over the world, the GE and Presidential election which I had sorely missed out on the chance of voting in SG, the Arab spring which sparked off much political unstability in my neighboring countries around here, becoming an aunt to my newborn nephew, and my life here in Israel.
I'm glad 2011 is over and happy for the arrival of 2012 which means, I will be back home this year! Looking forward to getting my life back again, meeting up with my gal pals, eating the local food and just enjoy the freedom of being able to go anywhere in SG using just public transport instead of depending on someone to drive me around.
Last night, to celebrate the New Year, we went to the guys' place for potluck dinner. I made my usual fried bee hoon and chocolate dessert.
 The guys made curry chicken, fried calamari with chilli crab sauce, salad, focaccia bread and WQ brought black pepper chicken. The whole table was filled with food and we eat till we almost burst! haha~ :)
It was a small gathering, just the 6 of us altogether. WH is not around as he went back home for a month. The guys are very happy. We drank 3 bottles of wine altogether.
After that, we watched a chinese movie that WQ downloaded, quite nice and very funny. No wonder its review was good. We managed to stay until midnite where we did the countdown together. Overall, its a quiet New Year's Eve here and there were no countdown shows or event here in Israel as people here do not celebrate it. In SG, the ships will blared their horns at the stroke of midnite to mark the coming of a new year and there were countdown parties and televised shows where people can countdown together, sighz...sure miss the happening atmosphere which is so unlike here. Hubby and the guys still have to go to work on 1st Jan as its not a public holiday here.

I remembered my New Year's resolutions last year was to lose some weight. Guess it did happened afterall. Doesnt take much effort to lose weight here since there arent much food here to tempt me. As for this year, I resolve to be less nocturnal, continue to blog and to accomplish more sewing projects.

 My last project of 2011 was this patchwork Xmas sock. Front view of sock
Backview of sock
Interior lining of sock.

Good news for me is that Forever21 has finally opened its first store here in Israel at Tel Aviv! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InVnqMDlJyI&noredirect=1
Yeah~! :) Looking forward to visit it next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment