Sunday 25 December 2011

Xmas 2011

 Its Xmas again! This is my second Xmas here in Israel and also my last! Yeah~! People in Israel dun celeb Xmas at all, instead they celeb Hanuka where they light candles, spin tops and eat fried sweet food. Sure miss the festive Xmas mood back in SG with the logcakes, gingerbread man, Santa Claus etc.... I actually dun even realize its Xmas until Hubby put up the Xmas tree in the living room 2 days ago. Above is the Xmas tree which we brought over from SG, oh dear....think my white Xmas tree is starting to turn yellow.


 On Xmas eve, before we went to the Xmas party organised for all the SG RPOs in Israel, we had a gift exhange at my place. Everyone is supposed to prepare a gift and will be assigned a number which we will pick at random from a lucky draw.
Poor Poochi is the only one without a Xmas gift.
JW seemed to be quite sad with the present he got, coz he already know what it is.

Hubby got the gift from JW which is a set of earphones.
WH ended up with a coffee mug from Weizhong, just nice for him since he loves to drink coffee.
Ah Teck ended up with my present which is a new balance pedometer, just nice for his up coming marathon. He looked v happy.
Ended up, JW and Weizhong exhanged their Xmas gifts. So, WZ got the neck cushion gift and JW got the Swiss army knife instead.
I ended up with the biggest gift, from WH, which is a table football game, which I donate to the guys for their lunchtime work recreation. So sad....I ended up with no Xmas gift afterall :(

After that, we went to JL's place for the Xmas party. There were much fewer people around compared to last year. JL and his wife prepared a turkey, sashimi, pasta, cheesecake, etc...I totally forgot to take any pics. His wife, Karen made some very nice cookies and I asked her for the recipe. We all had a great time chatting around, drinking and eating and it was past midnite by the time we left.

Oh yes, the highlight of the day was when we discovered a Abercrombie and Fitch Outlet at the shopping mall where JL lived. I got myself 2 polo, each costing only about $28 SGD! SO cheap!

A tote bag

2 tees about $20 SGD each and a free pair of socks

Guess I did get my Xmas present in the end afterall... :)




No comments:

Post a Comment