Thursday 12 January 2012

My last Hebrew lesson and farewell gift

Yesterday was my last Hebrew lesson. I had mixed feelings about it coz on one hand, I am glad I survived the 20 lessons but on the other hand, I have one less activity in this boring place. Wednesday just wont be the same anymore. It will just be any other day of the week now. Sighz....
This was where we had our Hebrew lessons, in Nava's kitchen. Her kitchen was very big, almost the size of a HDB's living room. 
Close-up pic. Nava, our Hebrew teacher was very patient with us and she is a very nice lady. The one standing on the extreme left is our top student, Weizhong. Thinking back, it seems like such memorable times learning and struggling with the language in this kitchen with everyone.

 I decided to make a patchwork kitchen mitt as a farewell gift for her. Back view of the mitt.

Front view of the mitt. I used 4 different fabrics to make this and embroidered the word "toda"  in Hebrew on the right, which means thanks. Then I decorated it with ribbon, lace, ponpons and finished it off with the pink biased tape at the bottom. 80% of it was sewn by hand.
Interior lining of the mitt. The bottom layer was made using 2 pieces of fabrics and 2 pieces of cotton padding so that it will be cushy enough.

I'm glad to see she is happy when she received it and that it was what she needed coz she had recently gotten a new microwave oven and the kitchen mitt will come in very handy. For the guys' side, they made a card for her. I forgot to take a pic of that coz Weizhong drawn a very nice pic of Nava inside the card. Really looks a lot like her.
She gave us each a handwritten card in Hebrew wishing us all the best and we ended our last lesson with a song. It was a very simple song sang by children living in the kibbutz.

After that, we treated her to dinner at Giraffe. Actually, this is the first time we had a meal together. 
 
And thus, this concludes the end of our Hebrew lesson. No more Hebrew homework~yeah! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment